Among the many auditory afflictions that exist, Tinnitus is not considered to be a very serious problem, but it can cause frustration due of its persistent symptoms. To reduce the incidence of buzzing or ringing sounds, tinnitus sufferers hope to find effective remedies. At present, herbal remedies have become the choice for many people to relieve various health problems, including tinnitus. You should be thankful that nature provides an abundance of herbs, so you don’t need to look any further for your tinnitus relief. These herbs are comparatively safe in offering effective treatment but you should always be careful as they may have harmful side effects if taken in large quantities. What herbs can you use to cure tinnitus? Here is the list of six herbs for tinnitus treatment:
1. Arnica (Arnica montana): This is a perennial plant comes from Siberia and Europe. Arnica flower heads are used to make medications to treat illnesses such as rheumatism, bruises, swelling, muscle aches and sprains. In tinnitus, Arnica is effective as a muscle tonic by giving strength to the throat and ear muscles. This way it helps to prevent spasms that cause ringing or whooshing sounds.
2. Belladonna (Atropha belladonna): This herb is also called Deadly Nightshade. The plant is very potent in treating psychological disturbances such as giddiness and confusion. In Meniere’s syndrome, this herb is also used to relief nausea and dizziness. Belladonna can be found in some regions like Western Asia, Northern Africa and Europe. Be very careful with dosage, as it can be toxic in larger amounts.
3. Garlic (Allium sativum): Garlic is a potent antioxidant and antibiotic and has been useful to relieve tinnitus. This herb is able to reduce inflammation and neutralize free radicals that can harm your auditory system. Garlic can also improve your blood circulation and lower blood pressure. Thus, it reduces venous turbulence that your brain detects as tinnitus.
4. Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba): Just like garlic, Ginkgo Biloba contains antioxidants. The antioxidants are in the flavonoids, they are substances to prevent free radical damage in the inner ear. You can also find compounds in Ginkgo that increase neurotransmitter production which is essential for brain health.
5. Mustard (Brassica spp.): This is the source of thiosinaminum, a compound used to treat scleroderma, fibroids and cornea opacities. Besides, mustard seed is also known to alleviate tinnitus. Thiosinaminum is available in the market and it is usually combined with other substances to treat tinnitus effectively. If you want to prepare thiosinaminum at home, you just need to mix mustard seed paste with a little water.
6. Pulsatilla (Pulsatilla pratensis): This herb is able to prevent inflammation in the ear, a triggering factor in the ringing sensations. Besides, this plant is also effective in treating measles, rheumatic pain, headaches and indigestion.