Present in every Indian household, it won’t be wrong to say that Holy Basil is a miraculous herb. It is a known fact that every plant that has some religious importance associated with it also has great health benefits directly or indirectly. Our ancestors were shrewd in this manner, as they gave religious importance to these herbs so that even if we somehow forget or ignore the health benefits of a plant, we keep growing them out of our respect for these plants.
Since fresh Basil is not going to be available around the year, people have found other ways to preserve it and, reap its benefits in every season. Sun-dried basil powder serves as an alternative to the fresh herb but it also has some uses that are totally unique because of its form. The number of benefits of dry basil powder is unlimited. Here are some of them of these benefits:
- Heart Disorder – It is very beneficial in fighting with cardiac disease and also the weakness that comes with it. Antioxidants such as Eugenol and Vitamin C in this plant are capable of protecting the heart from the free radicals. It also reduces the cholesterol level and controls the blood pressure.
- Cough And Respiratory Problems – Basil is effective in curing cough and respiratory problems that even it is an important ingredient in preparing cough syrups. A decoction of basil powder with honey and ginger can be used as a remedy for Bronchitis, Asthma and Cold.
- Eye Disorder – If you are suffering from night blindness or sore eyes you can use Basil juice as a remedy. Just chewing a couple of basil leaves is helpful in protecting you from problems caused by free radicals.
- Kidney Stones – Consumption of concentrated basil juice can have a strengthening effect on the kidneys. If you mix this juice with honey it can serve as a detoxifying agent which can help in reducing the uric acid level. It can also help in removing the renal stones through the urinary tract.
- Nausea And Stomach Ache – With dried basil, you can make basil tea, which helps in recovering from problems like nausea and stomach ache due to gas.
In order to get maximum benefits, it should be ensured that the dry basil powder is completely organic and doesn’t contain any additives. In its pure form, there can be many other benefits of basil.