Are you in need of a good, sturdy and dependable weight bench but are not quite sure of which to go for? This article will help resolve some of your worries and give you a certain degree of conviction.
Admittedly, seeking to purchase a weight bench could be a huge task as you may be unsure of which product or make to opt for. There could also be an amount of doubt on where to buy from or who to buy from or what type to purchase.
It is worthy of note that the market is filled with different products, from different manufacturers and diverse models of each. All weight bench types have its accompanying advantage and disadvantage. So, what Mr. A is satisfied with may not meet the required standard of Mr. B depending on our individual preferences and as it is often said that one man’s meat is another man’s poison.
Weight benches are a vital piece of equipment for working-out as they give you an abundance of options for exercises to target all muscles across your body. Before any weight bench type can be recommended for you, there are some pertinent questions which you must answer.
- What angle do you need for your workout? This is because some weight benches have a handful of angles while others have every possible angle on this earth
- Do you want a weight bench that declines? You may choose between buying a decline-only bench or a bench with a varied number of declined positions
- Do you want a folding weight bench? If you do not have enough space, then a folding weight bench may be ideal for you
- Do you need a flat weight bench? If all you need is a flat bench for bench presses, you may not require the extra options that come with an adjustable weight bench
- Will there be need to roll the bench around? If yes, then it is advisable to go for a bench with wheels, but if the weight bench would be permanently set-up in your home gym, this may not be necessary.
- How tall are you? It is important to be able to answer this question for the sake of convenience and comfort since weight benches vary in height and the user will want to be able to lie flat when benching as well as having his or her feet to the ground
- How many positions do I need? It is necessary to be able to pre-empt what type of exercises you would want to be doing on this bench and your target muscles
- How much weight am I lifting? The load-bearing capacity of the weight bench is important for the safety of the user. If you are a heavy lifter, it is not safe for you to use a low weight capacity bench because you might end up doing some damage if the weight cannot hold you and the added weights.
- How frequent it will be used? It is unwise to spend so much on a weight bench that will only be used sparingly.
Below is a list of weight bench options that you can buy for your home or commercial gym:
Rep Adjustable Bench
- It is a heavy-duty commercial quality bench that comes at a great price
- Very easy to assemble – takes just about 15 minutes
- It is a flat, incline or decline bench
- 1000Ib capacity
Powerblock Travel Weight Bench
- The PowerBlock Travel Weight Bench is perfect for people who travel a lot or who have limited space at home
- It has a built-in shoulder strap for easy transport to and from a car
- Travel workout bench with 2-by-3 inch, 14-gauge steel frame
Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench
- This piece can be used for various exercises such as hamstring curls, preacher curls and leg extensions
- Comes with built-in safety hooks and no-pinch design to prevent injury to hand and grip
- Most of the key areas are adjustable – weight bar holders, preacher bench
- It is comfortable (especially for tall people)
It is important to note that good weight benches are always in high demand in the market.