(Updated Feb 2017)
So you’re looking to take things up a notch in the bedroom. If you’re just starting research on how to make your dick bigger, let me start by saying you’re not alone. Tons of guys are looking for better sex, and one of the primary ways to do that is to enhance your abilities down there. If you are newly searching for ways to make your dick bigger, here are a few pieces of advice that I want to give you right off the bat:
- There’s a lot of bullshit out there. Read every review and product website with a healthy degree of skepticism. It’s OK to be optimistic and try things that may or may not work for you, but keeping your wits about you will keep you safe.
- Surgery IS dangerous. Surgical male enhancement can create complications and a less pleasurable sexual experience for you.
- Most guys who think their penis is too small are actually average-sized. Do some research: The average erect penis size is 5” – 7”. So in most cases, the first thing to do is calm down.
Even if you just realized that you’re average-sized, you might still want a bigger dick. While learning to use what you have is the most important thing at any size, a fuller erection can help you please partners in ways you never imagined and create a better sexual experience for you.
The internet is full of pills, creams, and odd-looking devices to enhance your manhood. It would take thousands years to go through all of them, so this is an introduction into the world of naturally improving your dick size. Two of the most effective means of male enhancement are pills and penis exercises.
The Best Male Enhancement Pills
What Do Dick Pills Do?
First, in case you weren’t paying attention in sex ed, a refresher on what makes men get hard. It’s pretty straightforward:
- The brain, penis, or both the brain and the penis are stimulated.
- This causes a rush of blood to the penis.
- The spongy tissue in the penis fills with blood and expands, causing an erection.
A pill generally works by causing increased blood flow to the penis, creating a bigger, fuller erection.
The pills don’t stop there, though. Male enhancement is about better sex, and while a bigger erection will help with that, it’s not the end of things with good dick pills. Most male enhancement drugs also contain ingredients to help with the following:
- Greater sexual stamina
- Higher testosterone levels
- Heightened arousal
- Treat erectile dysfunction
All good things, right?
What Dick Pills Don’t Do
Now that you know how a pill enhances you, I can debunk a claim that some male enhancement drug manufacturers will sometimes make.
Male enhancement drugs do not result in a bigger flaccid penis.
That’s right. Dick pills aren’t in the long-term growth game. It makes sense when you look at the science behind it: These male enhancement drugs are basically designed to give you a higher-quality erection. That WILL make your dick bigger, fuller, and firmer during sex. Throw in the added benefits of higher testosterone and better sexual stamina, and these pills can be a good way to improve your ability in bed.
What are the best male enhancement pills?
Most male enhancement drugs that you can find on the internet are going to contain a variation of the same ingredients and promise essentially the same things. Since these pills are made from herbal extracts and try to maintain the “all-natural” status, you get mixed results. You might have to try a few different pills before you find the one that works best for you.
Here’s a list of things to look for when navigating online supplement stores:
- Pills with a few natural ingredients – The more ingredients, the greater chance you have of taking synthesized substances that can give you adverse reactions. A few natural ingredients is better than a lot of synthesized ones.
- Good guarantees backed up by good customer service – Like I said, people have mixed results, and some of the most popular pills on the market don’t work for half of the people who use them. Good companies have money back guarantees. Check for the actual terms of the guarantee (i.e. “only valid on purchases made through this site”) and then look at reviews from people who have actually made the return.
- No Yohimbe – Yohimbe is an effective male enhancement drug found in several penis pills. It works as an aphrodisiac, boosts athletic performances, and combats sexual disorders. However, it comes with some not-so-great side effects and can be dangerous for aging men and those with high blood pressure. While it doesn’t pose a problem for most young healthy men, if you can avoid it, you’ll be doing yourself a favor.
- Clinical testing – Unfortunately, this is uncommon. Male enhancement drugs that you can get online usually aren’t tested by the FDA (or really anyone). While in most cases they’re safe, you don’t know how they’ll work or if they’ll work. It’s the wild west of supplements. When you find a pill that has extensive clinical testing, you know you’ve got a winner.
My Pick: VigRx Plus
I like VigRx Plus best from the male enhancement drugs I’ve found online. It contains the following ingredients:
- Horny Goat Weed
- Bark aphrodisiacs
All of these work together to create a great pill. One of the best parts is that there’s no Yohimbe in VigRx Plus, either.
In addition to containing the right ingredients and not containing the wrong ones, this drug has undergone EXTENSIVE clinical testing. You can see everything on their website — It looks like a textbook. I didn’t care very much for graphs and statistics while I was in school, but seeing this on a dick pill website is incredible. And the results — backed by tests — are good. Guys actually are getting better erections and having better sex when taking this pill.
Another great option is Extenze, but you want to ask yourself – does extenze really work? first – we’ve done the heavy lifting for you though, click that link to read our review.
Other pills I liked:
- Natural Gain Plus
The Best Exercises for Male Enhancement
If you aren’t happy with the size of your arms, you go to the gym, pump iron, and you get bigger arms. It’s the natural way your muscles gain size, and it works.
That’s the idea behind penis exercises. Even though the tissue in the penis isn’t the same as tissue in muscles you work out in the gym, guys have been “working out” their penises and gaining size for years.
It’s the same idea that’s behind dick pills, too, actually. A male enhancement drug increases blood flow to the penis, making it swell more. Penis exercises are designed to increase blood flow to the penis and make it expand more than normal, but these exercises can lead to a larger penis overall — not just when erect and not using a pill.
In this part of the article, I’m going to talk about some of the more common penis exercises and how to do them. Before you get into that, know that the goal with penis exercises is two-fold:
- Increase size
- Increase sexual stamina
Now let’s get to the workouts.
How to warm up before doing penis exercises
Just like you wouldn’t go straight from the couch to a dead sprint and hurdle jumping, you don’t go straight into exercising your dick. If you didn’t warm up before a workout in the gym, you’d get hurt. If you don’t warm up before working out your dick, you risk hurting a very important part of your body.
Plus, a warm-up is stupid simple. It’s literally two steps:
- soak a washcloth in hot water (not scalding)
- wrap your dick and testicles in the washcloth for 5 minutes
Now that you’re loose, you can try some of the more popular dick exercises for beginners.
This is just what it sounds like, and while you might hear about extension devices and attaching weights to your dick, my advice is to start slow. When you start a workout plan, you shouldn’t overtrain. You’ll get hurt and that takes recovery time and that means you won’t see results nearly as fast. This stretching exercise is great for beginners.
Here’s how to do it:
- Warm up: You just learned how to do this. If you didn’t, check out the above “How to warm up before doing penis exercises” section.
- Grip: While flaccid, grip your dick behind the head.
- Pull: Pull straight outward until you feel your penis stretching. IMPORTANT: You should feel your penis stretching, not hurting. If you’re feeling pain, you’re pulling too hard.
- Hold: Hold the stretch for 10 seconds.
- Repeat: Repeat this stretch pulling straight up, straight down, left, and right. Do this 5 minutes a day 2 – 5 days per week.
Jelqing means “milking” and that should give you a pretty good idea of how to do this exercise. It’s safe if you do it properly, and many guys have reported size gains from it. Your goal with this exercise is to push blood from the base of your dick towards the head.
Here’s how it works:
- Warm up: See above.
- Lube up: Vaseline or baby oil will work for this. This isn’t masturbation, but lube will definitely make it more comfortable.
- Hard up: You don’t want to be fully erect for this exercise, but a 50% – 75% erect penis is required. For those of you who didn’t have a penis during puberty and therefore never masturbated, you can get there by stroking your dick for minute or two.
- Grip: Using your forefinger and thumb like you’re making the “OK” sign, grip your penis as close to the pubic bone as possible. You want to feel the pressure of your fingers, but you shouldn’t grip so hard it causes you pain.
- Slide: Slowly slide your OK-grip outward from the pub bone towards the penis head. You should feel that you’re pushing blood towards your penis head, but it shouldn’t hurt. Stop just before your glands. Each slide should take 2 – 3 seconds.
- Switch: Repeat the exercise with your other hand. Do this 5 – 20 minutes 2 – 5 days a week.
While the other exercises were analogous to working out muscles, Kegels actually are muscular workouts. Stretching and Jelqing are designed to increase the size of the penis, whether flaccid or hard. Kegels strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, and while they don’t make your dick bigger when flaccid, they work like a dick pill by supporting a bigger, firmer erection. That’s not all. Kegels aid in the following:
- improving erection angle
- intensifying orgasms
- having multiple orgasms
- getting bigger, healthier erections (because of more blood flow)
- increasing stamina
The other thing that sets Kegels apart from other exercises is that doctors everywhere recommend them for the health of your sexual organs, and scientific studies show that they are safe and effective. Jelqing and stretching have a lot of guys in forums boasting size gains, but so far modern medicine doesn’t back up their claims about penis exercises resulting in size gains.
Kegels are my pick for the best dick exercises. The benefits to your sex life are incredible, and the fact that doctors love them is something that I can’t ignore. I first started doing Kegels to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles when I was struggling with premature ejaculation. (This was when my former girlfriend and I took each other’s virginity. I was nervous and she was tight.)
I can say from experience that I noticed way more sexual stamina within the first couple of weeks. And my erections became rock solid. Those were some good nights (and mornings and afternoons). Enough about how awesome sex gets with Kegel exercises. You probably want to know how to do them.
- Find your pelvic muscles: You can locate your pelvic floor muscles by trying to stop or slow the flow of a urination. That tightening you’re feeling when you stop your piss is the contraction of your pelvic floor muscles.
- Tighten your pelvic muscles: Now that you know what tightening your pelvic floor muscles feels like, you can perform a Kegel. Contract the muscles — you can do it anywhere. I am right now and no one knows. If you do it properly (maybe not at first, but as you get stronger) you’ll actually be able to see/feel your testicles move up towards your pelvis.
- Hold the contraction: Hold this contraction for 1 – 5 seconds.
- Repeat: For starters, do 50 Kegels every other day. Gradually hold each rep longer.
(Be sure to check out our Penis Enlargement Bible review too, quality stuff)
Congratulations, you’re on your way!
You now know enough about male enhancement to get you started. Remember, don’t overtrain or over-supplement.
In the end, male enhancement is about having better sex, and better sex is about knowing how to use what you have. With some work, you can get better erections and even increase your size, stamina, and sex drive.
Good luck, and here’s to your enhanced sex life!